Digital Red Hosting 500 account details
Small Business website and email hosting – £39pa
Affordable and fully featured web and email hosted services package – suitable for most small businesses, homeworkers and individuals for their websites and email requirements.
- 500 MB Disk space
- 5 GB Data transfer
- 10 parked domains
- 10 subdomains
- 3 subhosted domains
Email Service Features
- 5 POP3/IMAP email accounts
- Auto-Responders (Out of Office replies)
- Send/receive email from iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry and other phones
- Virus scanning on all in/outbound mail
- Roundcube webmail interface
- Secure (SSL) access to email
- E-Mail forwarders
- SMTP (outgoing) server
- Intelligent spam filtering
- cPanel for online account management
- phpMyAdmin preinstalled for MySQL
- Constant Data Protection backups
- Download your own backup on demand
- Access to full server visitor logs
- Access to complete live error logs
- Password Protection
- PHP 5.3
- MySQL 5.5
- Apache 2.2
- Webalizser Site Statistics
- SSI (Server Side Includes)
- Web Based File Manager
- Custom Error Pages
- FTP and AJAX file management
- MySQL 5.5 database
- Real incoming and outgoing email
- Upgrade to 10 POP3/IMAP email accounts – add £9pa
- Upgrade from 500 MB to 1 GB disc space – add £16pa
- Upgrade from 5 to 8 GB bandwidth – add £2pm
- From 5 to 10 GB bandwidth – add £2.50pm
- Additional addon (subhosting) domain – add £5pa
Quick setup, friendly and professional help
Having spent 15 years hosting and developing my own websites and hundreds of websites for clients, I know the trouble that online-only hosting companies can cause with wizard-based account openings and automated online help systems. There’s no such nonsense: give me a call if you’d like a hosting account and I’ll either help you open it and get started, or suggest the easiest and quickest way for you to do it, with the minimum of downtime if you’re transferring from another webhost.
(Account upgrades are charged annually if taken out at the same time as your hosting account, or pro-rata to your current hosting account’s renewal date if taken out afterwards)
You can use your own domain name, register a new one yourself, or order one from Digital Red. Use the WHOIS search to find an available name and check pricing.
Please contact Daniel to open your account. Once your account is opened you’ll be able to use it straight away. The powerful webserver runs the very easy-to-use cPanel control panel system which makes configuring your account very easy.
In each of these examples, replace domain.com with your own domain name.
- Web address
- Your website will start with a default single page to confirm that the site works and that the address is set up to point to a website. Once you have created your own pages, you’ll be able to delete the default page.
- If you have extra domain names and you’d like to point them to the same website (eg domain.com and domain.co.uk), you can do this in cPanel with ‘Park Domains’
- Control Panel
- Username: (you’ll be given this)
- Password: (you’ll be given this)
- FTP Access
- Upload to www.domain.com on Port 21
- Username: (as main username)
- Password: (as main password)
- Delete or overwrite the default index.php file when you upload your own webpage.
- Email Address
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Default mailserver details:
- POP3 Server: domain.com (port 110)
- IMAP Server: domain.com (port 143)
- SMTP Server: domain.com (port 25 or 26)
- Secure mailserver details:
- Secure POP3 server: cloud.digitalred.com (SSL, port 995)
- IMAP over SSL server: cloud.digitalred.com (SSL, port 993)
- Secure SMTP server: cloud.digitalred.com (SSL, port 465)
- You can create personal addresses for you or your colleagues or family members using the Control Panel. These addresses will use the email address as the username, and their password will be the one you defined when you configured them.
- Webmail access
- Username and passwords are the same as for your email address
Transferring a setup from elsewhere
If you are transferring hosting services from another server and would like to ensure continuous service during the transfer, you can configure your account with Digital Red before moving your domain name.
You can upload your files to the hostname docklands.digitalred.com instead of your own domain name, and you can access your cPanel at docklands.digitalred.com/cpanel. You should configure Outlook Express / Outlook / Thunderbird on your PC to collect from your old ISP as well as Digital Red for a day either side of your transfer date. Use docklands.digitalred.com as the POP/IMAP server when you do this.